Sunday, April 15, 2007

Somi sings!

Monday | April 16, 2007
7:30 PM and 9:30 PM

This is Somi singing in our old store's back garden. I always knew that this girl was going somewhere. I used to play her demo CD in my store all the time. I'm so glad to see that she is "movin' on up" and singing at Lincoln Center. I'm all proud and "what not!" She beautiful and sings like an angel. Go catch her show. And remember that you heard it here first!

From TimeOut New York:

Somi’s parents hail from Rwanda and Uganda, but the music on the singer’s new Red Soil in My Eyes (World Village) is more jazz-inflected R&B than world fusion. No small wonder that her band for this gig includes local soul sophisticate Jeremy Pelt.

Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola
(at Jazz at Lincoln Center's Frederick P. Rose Hall)
212-258-9595
$30 plus $10 minimum at tables, $5 minimum at bar
Subway: A, C, B, D, 1 to 59th St–Columbus Circle

0 comments:

Post a Comment