Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hillary, just go away!

I suppose when it comes down to it, I'm just personally hurt by all this. I campaigned for Hillary to take the Senate seat here in NY. I put her poster in my storefront window and advocated for her candidacy then. We, Black people, have been the Clinton's biggest supportors over the years through thick-and-thin. They've been in our churches and our college campuses with huge crowds and loud cheers. We were practically the only people who supported them unconditionally during the Lewinsky scandal. We gave them a warm and glowing goodbye at the end of his presidency with gratitude and love. To see them use race politics and to see them dismiss the Black vote the way they have during this campaign is so very hard.

I’m looking through you, where did you go?
I thought I knew you, what did I know?
...
Why tell me why did you not treat me right?
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight
The Beatles

So, I've tried to be gentle. Now, I need to be rude: "Girl, just go away!" You don't want me to start hatin'. Oops, too late, I already am. This primary election campaign as it stands is a farce. Hillary continues to ask, "why can't Obama close the deal." Well, why can't she? She's the one vying for the presidency, she needs to be the one to convince the people that she's the one for the job. By the numbers, it is clear that we've already made that determination. Her only hope is to convince the "elite" of the DNC to over-ride our choice. Hardly democratic. "Selecting" Hillary this way will tear the Democratic party apart in a way from which it will never recover. I ain't kiddin'. I ain't exaggerating. It's a fact, Jack. Why are we pretending otherwise?

My Question is: has she given much thought to the future? I don't think she has. This is a throw-it-all-in campaign. But what of the DNC's future? Does she really think that she can do more that skate by in an election campaign with McCain. It was a shaky prospect before all this mess with the protracted primary. Now, I don't think that she stands a chance if she is "selected" as the Democratic Party nominee. Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! We are heading into a rough patch of space.

If we are to judge leadership abilities based on the leadership of the primary campaigns I have to say that I have great doubt in Hillary Clinton's abilities while increasing respect for Obama's. There have been many opportunities for Barak to stick the knife into Hillary's gut. He could begin with her husband and work his way to the people who they pardoned after leaving the White house to Mark Penn, Clinton's chief campaign strategist while simultaneously being the chief executive of the lobbying and public relations firm for the Colombian government. If she truly against the Colombian trade deal she has shown really bad, bad judgement to have Penn head her campaign. With all of this "baggage" Obama has not gone for the jugular. Maybe that's bad judgement on his part, but it's also darn classy.

1 comments:

Miss Vicki said...

OH you are so kind saying, "Girl Just Go Away!" Hillary needs to quit smokin' that crack, snorting that leftover cocaine from Bill's drug dealing days in Arkansas, becuz it has truly made her bipolar. She has a chemical imbalance - moods rapidly changing - she has completely lost me.

The biggest mistake ever - calling that fool The First Black President and I'm glad I never participated in that - not once.

Everybody best check out the Clinton Chronicles I cant understand it - if she or Bill were really African American they'd have NEVER gotten this far w/all the dirt and white collar/federal crimes they have committed.

They are dope dealers and pimps.

Post a Comment