Monday, March 24, 2008

Hillary, let's talk...

Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go...
— Boyz II Men

Mrs. Clinton...Hillary...let's have a chat. Now, I know how much you wanted this; I know how much you felt you deserved this; But I just need to tell you, sister-to-sister, it's just not going to happen. Not without a lot of pain. It's time to let go.

It's time. It's time. It's time to stop. I could go into all the reasons why. I could talk about your Iraq war vote. I could talk about you lying about your foreign policy experience. I could talk about Bill's health (let's face it the only person ready for the presidency on day one is a former president). I could talk about a lot of things. But today, I just want to talk about the Democratic party, the general election, and the future of our country. We simply can't risk our party splitting in two. There is no doubt that this is what you are doing with your campaign. We have come too far for this to happen. Not now. This country cannot afford a McCain presidency. The pain and suffering the American people and the world has suffered under the Bush Administration is enough. We need to move forward. We need to work for a brighter day. I know this is hard to hear, but you must hear it: you are not the Democratic Party's choice.

Have some tea. Take a deep breath. Go on vacation somewhere pretty and absorb the blow. This is the end of the road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment