Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Creating Community on a Website

So much of what I've been trying to do on the Indigo website was to recreate the sense of community that sometimes could be found in the storefront bookstore. I've tried a lot of things and I think that maybe I might be onto something now. I'm in the middle of revamping the "Columns & Reviews" section of the website. I will now allow Indigo members to post to the site. Before I was trying for magazine feel. I think that something like that could only work if you have a group of professional contributors, which in turn is not really fermenting community. By allowing members to contribute and making them responsible for what they say through community feedback, via comments, there is a real chance for community to grow. We will see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment