Tuesday, May 1, 2007

New books in the store

I'm including books from some of the authors that I met and saw at the PEN World Voices last week. I carry many of the titles already but I'm updating the store to include even more. Words Without Borders is a new collection that was introduced to me at the Words Without Borders: Every Day in Africa panel. It includes many impressive, and some of my favorite, authors such as Edwidge Danticat and Ha Jin.

Aya by Marguerite Abouet was a large bestseller in France and now it is available here. It’ s a breezy and wryly funny account of the desire for joy and freedom, and of the simple pleasures and private troubles of everyday life in Yop City in the Ivory Coast.

I also added By the Sea by Abdulrazak Gurnah, since we already carry Desertion.

I'm also including titles by that provocator with the sly grin, Yasmina Khadra:

2 comments:

olufunke grace bankole: said...

i am really enjoying perusing your blog. it's such a wealth of information for those of us who love the literary arts. kudos!

jenn said...

Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you're enjoying it.

Post a Comment