Friday, March 30, 2007

New books in the store

Today I'm adding a review that Geoff has done for What should I Do with My Life by Po Bronson in Columns & Reviews. I'm also adding Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip & Dan Heath, Complicity: How the North Promoted, Prolonged, and Profited from Slavery by Anne Farrow, Banker to the Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty by Muhammad Yunus.

I also entered the new literary crit book The Curtain by Milan Kundera.

There is a nice review of this book in the Washington Post. Geoff liked this nice quote from Proust in this essay from Kundera:

“Every reader, as he reads, is actually the reader of himself. The writer's work is only a kind of optical instrument he provides the reader so he can discern what he might never have seen in himself without this book. The reader's recognition in himself of what the book says is the proof of the book's truth.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment