Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Say it ain't so, John!

It looks like John Edwards is dropping out of the race for the Presidency. I can't tell you how crushed I am. Just last week I sent in another campaign donation. I know it wasn't much, but I had hoped that others were doing the same.

From The New York Times by JULIE BOSMAN and JEFF ZELENY:
"Edwards to Drop Out of Democratic Race"

John Edwards, the progressive Democratic candidate who made a populist, anti-poverty message the centerpiece of his campaign, has decided to drop out of the presidential primary race, and is to give a speech this afternoon at the same place where he began his campaign — in New Orleans.

John Edwards in my opinion was our best hope to address issues of poverty, class division, and race in our country. He just couldn't break through the noise create by and around the other two candidates. I suppose the natural inheritor of my support is Barak Obama but I think that I will hold off on giving him or anyone my support. John inspired me. He is a startling reminder that white men of means can over come the desire for greed and material wealth and work for love of country. Thanks John for giving it a good shot. It breaks my heart to see you go. (Shh! be back soon as Obama's running mate! I'll keep it between us!)

2 comments:

SFP said...

It broke my heart, too. But how can you get your message out if the corporate media reduces you to a haircut and a house?

jenn said...

So true, so true. I've always said that the media is trying to choose our next president. God help us if they succeed.

Post a Comment