Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Computer

I'm still working on setting up my new computer (which is sweeet!) I never thought that I would have affection for a PC, but here I am falling in love! It is an
HP Pavilion Slimline desktop with Windows Vista. Yes, I have finally moved into the 21st century! My old computer was a Dell with Windows NT (Oh my God! Say it ain't so!) Well, it was so ... so old. It was more than time for an upgrade.

It also has been taking a little time to get my development area set up on the computer. I needed a new IDE (Integrated Development Environment) so that I can get back to programing and bug fixing. I found some freeware called AptEdit that is doing the job quite nicely so far. Anyway, that's what I've been up to. To be a bookseller on the web you need to be an web developer, too, otherwise it would be totally unaffordable to do this.

Ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Jen, I can understand being in love with a PC computer... but Windows VISTA? Really? That kinda sounds like setting yourself up for an abusive relationship.

jenn said...

It depends on your perspective. I've been dealing with Windows NT since the store. Vista compared to that looks like a slice of heaven!

Post a Comment