Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Creature Feature: Ann Coulter, or is it Chris Matthews?

I have made no secret of my support of John Edwards on this blog. But my support for Edwards has no baring on my opinion on this dust up over Ann Coulter on Hardball where Elizabeth Edwards called in to tell her to stop the personal attacks. I think, since everyone knows that Ann Coulter is a freak show, any reputable TV program shouldn't have her on at all. She is obviously deranged. She said, and I quote:

"If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

The problem here is Chris Matthews and his producers at MSNBC. He's had her on before and she's done this kind of thing before. Yet he continues to have her on. There they were, sitting outside in the sun like two old friends. Her in dark sunglasses and him leaning in giving her every opportunity to spew forth more filth.

The problem here is the media. They are not feeding the American public what we want, they are feeding us what they want. Coulter has absolutely no power to influence if she is not on TV. The owners of the media want us distracted by utter nonsense like this junk or Paris Hilton's escapades. They don't want us to think about a sitting Vice President saying that he is not part of the Executive. (Or was it that he's part of both the Executive and the Legislative with all of the rights and none of the responsibilities? Or was it that he's an entity all to himself. I forget.) As a matter of fact, why wasn't Chris Matthews covering the Vice President story instead of talking to that creature? It's all distraction. Watch their hands as they move and switch the story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment