Saturday, May 5, 2007

Some Good News about Internet Radio?

SaveNetRadio.org Internet Radio got a little reprieve this week. We now have 60 days before the new copyright bill goes through which, hopefully, in that time we will be able to get the good bill (H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act) to go through and save Internet radio! We owe a debt of gratitude to Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Donald Manzullo (R-IL ) for introducing this bill in congress.

To learn more about this issue go to: www.savenetradio.org

I fallen in love with Radio Paradise and the thought of losing it just as soon as I've found it has been devastating. Almost as devastating as losing Morning Sedition from Air America. Going to the Radio Paradise site and seeing the clock tick away the time left before it will "cease to be" has been just painful. I just don't want to go through that again. Life has been so hard of late and it is the few simple pleasures like listen to good music that helps to keep me going.

Please call your congressman and ask him or her to support H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act. I, too, will promise to call mine. My congressman, Ed Towns, is a useless sack of shit, but I'll call him anyway. I've already emailed him and both my senators, Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer. (Hillary at least had a response email but what an empty barrel she is.) I have some ideas of what I think is really going on here as I wrote in a previous post. I don't want to get to distracted with that right now. As my partner just reminded me this morning, sometimes the good guys win. Let's hope that this is one of those times!

0 comments:

Post a Comment