Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Imus in the Morning...

Everybody else is having their "say-say" about this so I might as well chime in, too. I've seen a little bit of his show in the mornings so I wasn't really surprised that he would say such a thing.

From Black America Web:

IMUS: That's some rough girls from Rutgers. Man, they got tattoos and --

McGUIRK: Some hard-core hos.

IMUS: That's some nappy-headed hos there. I'm gonna tell you that now, man, that's some -- woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they all look cute, you know, so, like -- kinda like -- I don't know.

From my experience the only kind of white people who are not like this are the ones who make a conscious effort not to be. All the others are like this. It's the way they are raised, the environment they are in. They can't help but be bigots. Anybody white reading this that says "no, no, not me," when push comes to shove and your back is against the wall, you will be shocked what comes out of your mouth because it is in your heart. It was put there when you were very young and has grown into a big ugliness that has been fed everyday by the culture you live in.

I've met a lot of white people and I know that this is what they really think of us. It's no surprise to me anymore. It just makes me sad. They are just sorry that this ugly side of them gets exposed every so often. They are embarrassed (as they should be) but fundamentally this is who they are inside. They do not want to change. So I don't ask them. I no longer want to help "enlighten" these people. They need salvation, so talk to God. I'm done.

Some, when they realize or get caught at being bigoted, will work to fix the problem. So Imus may work it out. I doubt it. Racism is a deep thing in America. It's in the bones of the country. That's why black folks can't get jobs, or health care, or a decent education, and live in the ghetto. It's because America wants it that way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment