Monday, April 2, 2007

Anime Review: Appleseed

My Rating:

This anime came with high recommendations, so it is very surprising that it just sucked. Appleseed is a computer generated piece of crap. The creators obviously spent a lot of time creating the scenery but not enough on basic story telling. They made all the classic mistakes. The biggest one is so very basic it's inexcusable. To tell a story "show don't tell." There were too many scenes where a character would look sorrowfully into the distance and "tell, tell, tell" the history of how they got to this point in the story. I thought I would slash my wrists.

The scene generation was beautiful but it seems to me that with so much artistic power, they could have done something more with their shots. This is not Ghost in a Shell where everything was done just about perfectly from a story perspective and every shot was done with grace and sophistication. Appleseed was just a mess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment